Display macros in addin

  1. #1
    Claude
    Guest

    Display macros in addin

    Hi
    I've saved several useful macros which I would like to have always available
    to an addin. On starting excel, the addin file is opened, and the macros can
    be run by typing in their name. However, they do not appear in the list of
    available macros (alt-F8). What do I need to do for these macros to be
    included in this list?
    Thanks

  2. #2
    Forum Moderator Leith Ross's Avatar
    San Francisco, Ca
    MS-Off Ver
    2000, 2003, & 2010
    Posts
    23,258
    Hello Claude,

    Once the workbook has been saved as an Add-In, any procedures in an Add-in are not displayed in the (Tools > Macro > Macros) dialog box. That is how it was designed.

    Best wishes,
    Leith Ross
    Last edited by Leith Ross; 02-23-2005 at 07:35 AM.

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Display macros in addin

    Make the addin a workbook rather than an addin would be one option.

    Macros in Addins don't show up in the macro list.

    You could build a toolbar with a button for each macro or otherwise produce
    your own list of macros that the user could choose from.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...