Email again in excel

  1. #1
    Alvin Hansen
    Guest

    Email again in excel

    Hi i use this
    Sub Send_Range()
    em = Range("gemte!$b$2").Value
    ' Select the range of cells on the active worksheet.

    Sheets("email").Activate
    Sheets("email").Range("A1:n71").Select

    ' Show the envelope on the ActiveWorkbook.
    ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True

    ' Set the optional introduction field thats adds
    ' some header text to the email body. It also sets
    ' the To and Subject lines. Finally the message
    ' is sent.
    With Sheets("email").MailEnvelope
    .Introduction = "Mail vedr. Booking Usa"
    .Item.To = em
    .Item.Subject = "Booking usa"
    .Item.Send
    End With
    MsgBox ("Email er afsendt til: " & em)
    End Sub

    Now if a user when the dialog box comes up from outlook about sending the
    mail say no to sending then i get an error, is there away in this code to
    exit sub or something like that if the user say no to sending the mail.

    Best regards alvin

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Email again in excel

    Take a look at Ron's site. Everything you ever wanted to know about e-mailing
    from Excel but were affraid to ask.

    http://www.rondebruin.nl/

  3. #3
    Alvin Hansen
    Guest

    RE: Email again in excel

    Yes i know about ron's site
    the code is from ron's site so...............

    Alvin

  4. #4
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Email again in excel

    Hi Alvin,

    I'm assuming a runtime error is thrown when the user clicks no? If that's
    the case, you can use error handling to manage it:

    Sub Send_Range()
    Dim em As Range

    On Error GoTo ErrHandler

    Set em = Range("sheet1!a1")
    ' Select the range of cells on the active worksheet.

    ' Show the envelope on the ActiveWorkbook.
    ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = True

    ' Set the optional introduction field thats adds
    ' some header text to the email body. It also sets
    ' the To and Subject lines. Finally the message
    ' is sent.
    With em.Parent.MailEnvelope
    .Introduction = "test"
    .Item.To = em.Value
    .Item.Subject = "test"
    .Item.Send
    End With
    MsgBox ("Email sent to: " & em.Value)

    ExitRoutine:
    Exit Sub
    ErrHandler:
    MsgBox "Email not sent.", vbInformation
    ActiveWorkbook.EnvelopeVisible = False
    Resume ExitRoutine

    Jake Marx
    MS MVP - Excel
    www.longhead.com

  5. #5
    Alvin Hansen
    Guest

    Re: Email again in excel

    Its working
    thank you for your help

    regards alvin

  6. #6
    I have tried the suggestions above and they work well with Outlook, is there anyway to send something through Lotus Notes?.