Combining Cells-write a code to get both values

  1. #1
    Greg B...
    Guest

    Combining Cells-write a code to get both values

    Hi all

    I have 2 cell Surname and Firstname and is it possible to write a code to
    get both values to combine in 1 cell.

    here is an example

    A1 Smith

    A2 John

    then it appears on another worksheet in cell a1 as:

    Smith, John

    Thanks in advance

    Greg

  2. #2
    Mike Fogleman
    Guest

    re: Combining Cells-write a code to get both values

    Put this in A1 of Sheet2 to combine A1 & A2 from Sheet1: =Sheet1!A1&",
    "&Sheet1!A2

    Mike F
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Greg B...
    Guest

    re: Combining Cells-write a code to get both values

    Thanks Mike never put the & sign

    Greg