Help: Making a copying macro from cursor position ?

  1. #1
    -[::::Shamran::::]-
    Guest

    Help: Making a copying macro from cursor position ?

    How do I make a macro that is able to copy the content for the sheet 1 -
    cursor position and 5 row wide: (fx. D5-D10) to sheet 2 and 5 coloms down
    (fx. A10-F10) ? I am going nuts !

    Jesper

  2. #2
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Making a copying macro from cursor position ?

    Jesper,
    Do you mean cursor position or ActiveCell ?
    How do you know A10 is the start on sheet2?
    Assuming Sheet1 is your active sheet, a cursor position or activecell have
    no meaning on Sheet2.

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    -[::::Shamran::::]-
    Guest

    Re: Making a copying macro from cursor position ?

    "NickHK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Jesper,
    > Do you mean cursor position or ActiveCell ?
    > How do you know A10 is the start on sheet2?
    > Assuming Sheet1 is your active sheet, a cursor position or activecell have
    > no meaning on Sheet2.

    Sorry for the confusion ! I mean Activ cell and active sheet offcause ! Like
    this:
    On sheet 1 I have all my data:

    A1 name 232 232 434 435 214
    A2 name 234 23 564 635 314

    What I would like to do is to auto. copy A1-Ax (activcell on name) to Sheet
    2 with a buttonclick (on sheet1):

    C1 name
    C2 data
    C3 data
    C4 data
    C5 data

    Jesper

  4. #4
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: Making a copying macro from cursor position ?

    Jesper,
    Something like:
    With ActiveCell
    Range(Cells(.Row, 1), Cells(.Row, .Column)).Copy
    End With

    Sheets("Sheet2").Range("C1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, Transpose:=True

  5. #5
    -[::::Shamran::::]-
    Guest

    Re: Making a copying macro from cursor position ?

    "NickHK" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > Jesper,
    > Something like:
    > With ActiveCell
    > Range(Cells(.Row, 1), Cells(.Row, .Column)).Copy
    > End With
    >
    > Sheets("Sheet2").Range("C1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlAll, Transpose:=True
    >
    > NickHK

    Thank you very much NickHK....saved my day have you ;-)

    Shamran