advanced filter error 1004

  1. #1
    Tove
    Guest

    advanced filter error 1004

    Hey!
    I have made a macro with advanced filter. When I share this workbook i get a
    message:
    "advanced filter in range mode failed: error 1004" (something like that).
    The code is:
    Sub Idag()
    '
    Dim område As Range
    Dim kriterie As Range
    Dim dato As Range

    Set område = Range("Database")
    Set kriterie = Range("kriterie")
    Set dato = Range("A7")

    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Application.Goto Reference:=("Database")
    område.AdvancedFilter Action:=xlFilterInPlace, CriteriaRange:= _
    kriterie, Unique:=False
    dato.Select

    End Sub

    Can anybody help!
    TD

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: advanced filter error 1004

    Using the data on the sheet when it fails, can you do it manually?

    Are all these ranges on the same sheet? Is the code in a general module?
    If the code is in a sheet module, then any range that is not in that should
    should be prefaces with a reference to the sheet where the range is located.
    For example, instead of Range("Database"), you would use
    worksheets("sheet2").Range("Database") if the code were in the code module
    for sheet1 and the range database is found on sheet2. Of course, if you
    are not executing this code as part of event code (and it appears you are
    not) it should be in a general/standard module rather than a sheet module.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tove
    Guest

    Re: advanced filter error 1004

    I have 12 worksheets with database defined. Same macro on all sheets. Befor
    I share the workbook the macro is ok. When I share the workbook i get this
    message "...error 1004"
    "Tom Ogilvy" <[email protected]> skrev i melding
    news:eVGII%[email protected]...