Format Painter and Worksheet Change Event

  1. #1
    Gap
    Guest

    Format Painter and Worksheet Change Event

    Hello,

    Why does Applying Formats to a Cell using the Format Painter raise the
    Worksheet_Change event whereas regular formatting of Cell does not?
    Doesn't seem consistent.

    Is there a way to detect that the Change was not actually a cell value
    change when using the Format Painter?

    Thank you

    Gap.

  2. #2
    Rob Bovey
    Guest

    Re: Format Painter and Worksheet Change Event

    "Gap" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:[email protected]...
    > Why does Applying Formats to a Cell using the Format Painter raise the
    > Worksheet_Change event whereas regular formatting of Cell does not?
    > Doesn't seem consistent.
    >
    > Is there a way to detect that the Change was not actually a cell value
    > change when using the Format Painter?

    Hi Gap,

    The format painter just copies the range you're one when you click it
    and then automatically does a Paste Special/Formats on the next range you
    select. Doing any kind of Paste fires the Worksheet_Change event on the
    worksheet where it occurred. I don't know of any simple way to determine
    wither a cell value actually changed or whether something like a Paste
    Special/Formats fired the event.

    --
    Rob Bovey, Excel MVP
    Application Professionals

    * Take your Excel development skills to the next level.
    * Professional Excel Development
    http://www.appspro.com/Books/Books.htm