Passwordproblem when saving to ftp-server

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Mette Yri
    Guest

    Passwordproblem when saving to ftp-server

    Hi!

    Does anybody know how to put the password into the code when saving to
    a ftp-server in VBA? I use this code, but have to connect to the
    ftp-server with the password manually every time I open excel.

    ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=
    "ftp://ftpserver.com/dir/dir/myfile.xls"

    Thanks in advance,
    Mette
    --
    my

  2. #2
    Michael Bednarek
    Guest

    Re: Passwordproblem when saving to ftp-server

    On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:14:08 +0100, Mette Yri <[email protected]> wrote in
    microsoft.public.excel.programming:

    >Hi!
    >
    >Does anybody know how to put the password into the code when saving to
    >a ftp-server in VBA? I use this code, but have to connect to the
    >ftp-server with the password manually every time I open excel.
    >
    >ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=
    >"ftp://ftpserver.com/dir/dir/myfile.xls"

    The usual syntax is: "ftp://[user[:password]@]server[/path]"
    e.g. "ftp://[email protected]:[email protected]/dir/dir/myfile.xls"

    Never tried it in Excel, though.

    Good luck.

  3. #3
    Mette Yri

    Michael Bednarek wrote:

    >On Tue, 22 Feb 2005 14:14:08 +0100, Mette Yri <[email protected]> wrote in
    >microsoft.public.excel.programming:
    >
    >>Hi!
    >>
    >>Does anybody know how to put the password into the code when saving to
    >>a ftp-server in VBA? I use this code, but have to connect to the
    >>ftp-server with the password manually every time I open excel.
    >>
    >>ActiveWorkbook.SaveAs Filename:=
    >>"ftp://ftpserver.com/dir/dir/myfile.xls"

    >The usual syntax is: "ftp://[user[:password]@]server[/path]"
    >e.g. "ftp://[email protected]:[email protected]/dir/dir/myfile.xls"
    >
    >Never tried it in Excel, though.
    >
    >Good luck.

    Thanks, but this doesn't work - I still have to connect manually
    before the code does its job.

    Anybody?

    --
    my

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Passwordproblem when saving to ftp-server

    My understanding is that there is no standard for this. Some sites support
    what Michael suggested. Apparently yours doesn't. Perhaps you could
    contact the webmaster and see what they say.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Mette Yri

    Tom Ogilvy wrote:

    >My understanding is that there is no standard for this. Some sites support
    >what Michael suggested. Apparently yours doesn't. Perhaps you could
    >contact the webmaster and see what they say.

    Okay, I'll try that.
    Thanks =)

    --
    my