Macro Slow In Execution Under Excel 2002

  1. #1
    samson
    Guest

    Macro Slow In Execution Under Excel 2002

    I have a macro which checks and deletes certain line of data depending on the
    details they hold. At times, it could be deleting a few hundred lines.

    When run under Excel 2000 or 2003, it completes in about 20 seconds.

    However, it's almost "hanging" when run under Excel 2002.

    This was zeroed in to a simple EntireRow.Delete command. It takes about 20
    to 30 seconds to delete each line.

    Different PCs and OSes were used with the same result.

    Anyone knows if there's a bug in Excel 2002? and any solution to fix it?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Macro Slow In Execution Under Excel 2002

    It may be the printdriver. Do you have pagebreaks visible. If so, turn
    them off in your macro and see if that helps.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    samson
    Guest

    Macro Slow In Execution Under Excel 2002

    Both pagebreak and display had been turned off with not noticeable difference.

    The strange thing is that it only happen with Excel 2002 and not 2000 or 2003.

    Regards.