Continued Conversion of data from rows to columns in a macro.

  1. #1
    Karaman
    Guest

    Continued Conversion of data from rows to columns in a macro.

    I created a macro to convert data from rows to columns, but I need the
    command to insert in the Do Loop in order to repeat the same process for the
    next row(s). The data is available in each row where the first four cells
    are a title followed by 48 cells with data in each 4 cells for a month. The
    mothly data needs to be converted to column form. This was done easily in a
    macro, but how do I repeat the same process fore the next row(s)?

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Continued Conversion of data from rows to columns in a macro.

    This might be a silly question but why not use

    PasteSpecial -> Transpose ???

    This should save you a lot of grief.

  3. #3
    Karaman
    Guest

    RE: Continued Conversion of data from rows to columns in a macro.

    Jim,
    Thank you for the reply. I am familiar with what you recommended, however
    the transpose function places the data in one column while I wish to preserve
    the data order. I already have the macro to place the data in the proper
    order and position for the first row. The only piece that is missing is how
    to switch and repeat the same copy and paste process for the next row of data
    with over 1000 rows of data. I hope you can help.

  4. #4
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Continued Conversion of data from rows to columns in a macro.

    Post your code and lets have a look at it. Hard to give you a good response
    without seeng the code...

  5. #5
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Continued Conversion of data from rows to columns in a macro.

    Also I do not follow you on the order thing. What part of this is wrong

    Original
    1 2 3 4
    1 2 3 4
    1 2 3 4
    1 2 3 4
    1 2 3 4
    1 2 3 4
    Transposed
    1 1 1 1 1 1
    2 2 2 2 2 2
    3 3 3 3 3 3
    4 4 4 4 4 4

    ???

  6. #6
    Karaman
    Guest

    RE: Continued Conversion of data from rows to columns in a macro.

    Hi Jim,

    Here is what the data looks like:
    Text1 Text1 Text1 Text1 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Text2 Text2 Text2 Text2 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
    Text3 ......

    I'm trying to convert the above to look like this:
    Text1 Text1 Text1 Text1 1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12
    Text2 Text2 Text2 Text2 1 2 3 4
    5 6 7 8
    9 10 11 12
    I wrote the macro to arrange the Text1 data, but how can I continue reading
    and arranging the next rows within the macro as what was done to the first
    one? I assume it's a Do Loop, but just need the code to force it to read
    Row2 and repeat the same process. Thanks and I hope that you can help.