Select Range

  1. #1
    Jodie
    Guest

    Select Range

    How do I select the range that starts 5 cells below the current selection
    down 300 cells. ie. Current cell c5 select C10:c300.
    Thanks for your help, you guts are great!
    Jodie

  2. #2
    Jim Thomlinson
    Guest

    RE: Select Range

    Ok you have lost me... Is the 300 a static number or should your question
    have been Current C5 then Select C10 - C305... If the latter then try...

    range(activecell.offset(5,0), activecell.offset(300, 0)).select

    HTH

  3. #3
    K Dales
    Guest

    RE: Select Range

    If instead you actually do want it always to end in row 300, make it:
    range(activecell.offset(5,0), activecell.offset(300-activecell.row, 0)).select

  4. #4
    Doug Glancy
    Guest

    Re: Select Range

    Jodie,

    Depending on the interpretation of your question - either down 300 rows or
    down to row 300, try these:

    ActiveCell.Offset(5, 0).Resize(300, 1).Select
    or
    ActiveCell.Offset(5, 0).Resize(296 - ActiveCell.Row, 1).Select

    Note that the second will error if your activecell is in row 296 or higher.

    hth,

    Doug Glancy

    news:[email protected]...