CSV output file

  1. #1
    Suzanne
    Guest

    CSV output file

    Hi

    I have made myself a spreadsheet with all the bits I
    require for working out some sums to do with work.

    The thing is the people collecting the data dont have a
    full version of excel. Is there a small program anywhere
    which can provide a one page form with a few dropdown
    boxes to select values and basically act as a info
    collection form to output csv files for me to add to the
    main file at work?

    It may sound silly but this may be the only way.

    Suzy

  2. #2
    Glenn Ray
    Guest

    RE: CSV output file

    Here is a non-programmatic solution:

    Use the AutoFilter option on your data to select the particular data you
    wish to deliver. Manually select all the data visible, copy it, then paste
    it to a blank worksheet. Finally, use the "Save As..." function to write
    that worksheet data as a CSV file.

    -Glenn Ray
    MOS Master

  3. #3
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: CSV output file

    You could always try OpenOffice or something similar (though you'd still
    have to build your data entry form).

    A simple web page might also work if you have that kind of hosting.
    Or a standalone HTA "HTML application" would have access to the local
    filesystem and so be able to output the csv data.

    Lots of options really, but I can't really think of a "no programming"
    solution, if that's what you need.

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA