CommandButton, ControlTipText Need to display like word wrap

  1. #1
    Jim at Eagle
    Guest

    CommandButton, ControlTipText Need to display like word wrap

    Providing basic instruction as ControlTipText would look much better if
    allowed to use several lines. Is this possible?
    Thanks

    --
    Jim at Eagle

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: CommandButton, ControlTipText Need to display like word wrap

    Yes, just embed returns like so

    CreateToolTipLabel CommandButton1, _
    "This is a multiline" & vbCr & _
    "example of a tooltip." & vbCr & _
    "This is the 3rd line " & vbCr & _
    "and this is a 4th."

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim at Eagle
    Guest

    Re: CommandButton, ControlTipText Need to display like word wrap

    Thanks Bob, I don't no where to place code. Looked for "ToolTipLabel" &
    Create ToolTipLabel" in VB Help and MS indicates "can't find it"
    Can you nuge me just a little bit more or maybe push me real hard in the
    right direction.

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: CommandButton, ControlTipText Need to display like word wrap

    Jim,

    I had assumed that you were using a technique I gave a couple of weeks ago
    to add tooltips to ActiveX controls.You won't find this in Help.

    This would suggest not. Where are you coming from?