Access query from Excel

  1. #1
    mas
    Guest

    Access query from Excel

    I am trying to write a query and accesss database. I can query the database
    and
    return a value to cell on a work sheet, but I would like the value assigned
    to variable instead. Can that be done without placing the value on a
    worksheet? I use the value in a formula.

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Jake Marx
    Guest

    Re: Access query from Excel

    Hi mas,

    mas wrote:
    > I am trying to write a query and accesss database. I can query the
    > database and
    > return a value to cell on a work sheet, but I would like the value
    > assigned to variable instead. Can that be done without placing the
    > value on a worksheet? I use the value in a formula.

    Yes, but it will involve some VBA programming. You could hit the db with
    ADO, get the value you need, and store that value in a variable. You can do
    a google search or MSDN search on ADO to find tons of examples of how to do
    it.

    Jake Marx
    MS MVP - Excel
    www.longhead.com

  3. #3
    How to Query Excel Data using SQL in this forum gives you a general outline