Putting Sheet Names on a list

  1. #1
    arcq
    Guest

    Putting Sheet Names on a list

    HI!

    Can anybody please tell me how to put the list of Sheet Names in a
    list. Like for example, in a particular cell, a list would show
    "Sheet1", "Sheet2", & "Sheet3". Would it be possible also, that if a
    new Sheet will be added, ie. "Sheet4", it would just add up on that
    list.

    That list will be then used as choices to what particular sheet I would
    print.

    The situation is, I have a table on each sheet. Same format. Sometimes,
    new sheet/s is/are added. Within that table, I have series of codes
    taking data in one row, pasting it in a form, and give print. Then,
    goes to the next row...and so on and so forth.

    Please help. Thanks a lot people of great minds.....

    Best regards.

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Putting Sheet Names on a list

    There is no worksheet add event to trap to update the list, so you have a
    problem.

    One way to do it might be to use OnTime to run every say 10 secs and rebuild
    the list, but it would be resource hungry.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim May
    Guest

    Re: Putting Sheet Names on a list

    I use the following often; It's not exactly what your asking
    but I find it helpful - and maybe you can use it to get to your solution
    In a standard module paste in:

    Sub ListOutSheetNames()
    Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    Dim Nsheet As Worksheet
    Set Nsheet = Sheets.Add
    Dim WS As Worksheet
    Dim r As Integer
    r = 1
    For Each WS In Worksheets
    If WS.Name <> Nsheet.Name Then
    Nsheet.Range("A" & r) = WS.Name
    r = r + 1
    End If
    Next WS
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    End Sub

    Works well for me..
    HTH

  4. #4
    arcq

    Jim May wrote:
    > I use the following often; It's not exactly what your asking
    > but I find it helpful - and maybe you can use it to get to your

    solution
    > In a standard module paste in:
    >
    > Sub ListOutSheetNames()
    > Application.ScreenUpdating = False
    > Dim Nsheet As Worksheet
    > Set Nsheet = Sheets.Add
    > Dim WS As Worksheet
    > Dim r As Integer
    > r = 1
    > For Each WS In Worksheets
    > If WS.Name <> Nsheet.Name Then
    > Nsheet.Range("A" & r) = WS.Name
    > r = r + 1
    > End If
    > Next WS
    > Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    > Application.DisplayAlerts = True
    > Application.ScreenUpdating = True
    > End Sub
    >
    > Works well for me..
    > HTH
    >
    > "arcq" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    > news:[email protected]...
    > > HI!
    > >
    > > Can anybody please tell me how to put the list of Sheet Names in a
    > > list. Like for example, in a particular cell, a list would show
    > > "Sheet1", "Sheet2", & "Sheet3". Would it be possible also, that if

    > > new Sheet will be added, ie. "Sheet4", it would just add up on that
    > > list.
    > >
    > > That list will be then used as choices to what particular sheet I

    would
    > > print.
    > >
    > > The situation is, I have a table on each sheet. Same format.

    Sometimes,
    > > new sheet/s is/are added. Within that table, I have series of codes
    > > taking data in one row, pasting it in a form, and give print. Then,
    > > goes to the next row...and so on and so forth.
    > >
    > > Please help. Thanks a lot people of great minds.....
    > >
    > > Best regards.

    i'll try that. thanks a lot. and as soon i can make it to work adding
    some other functions, i'll let you know. more power to you.