run macros in background

  1. #1
    Papa Jonah
    Guest

    run macros in background

    My macros involve a lot of copying pages, reformatting, adding formulas,
    plotting, etc.
    When a macro runs, it can take several seconds. Meanwhile you are watching
    Excel go through all sorts of contortions as things are happening.

    Is there anyway to cause either:
    1) the screen to effectively "freeze" until the macro is complete,
    or
    2) go blank or some other less stressful appearance until the macros are
    done running?

    TIA

  2. #2
    JulieD