text in shape group

  1. #1
    pshen
    Guest

    text in shape group

    Please help:

    I grouped several shapes into a group, which contains a label. I want to
    use this group shape as a template to dynamically duplicate it and assign a
    different text to the label item inside the group shape.

    for example, "Gshape" is group shape contains a label, a circle and a
    rectangle.

    the following will cause error:
    Gshape.groupitems(1).TextFrame.Characters.Text = "new text"
    (assuming item 1 is the label, this is known when you group the shapes)

    Thanks.

    --
    pshen

  2. #2
    Peter T
    Guest

    Re: text in shape group

    Hi pshen

    The only way I have ever been able to change text in a group item shape is
    first to ungroup. Change the text then regroup.

    Regards,
    Peter T

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    wanderer
    Guest

    Re: text in shape group

    Hi pshen,
    in your group you find "groupitems", and there are "item"s. And there you
    find "name" for the textbox' name and "alternative text" for the text in the
    box. But look at all in this attribute. Don't forgot "Textbox: " previous the
    text.
    regards, and excuse my terrible english
    andre