Simple Programming Function??

  1. #1
    Texins Karate
    Guest

    Simple Programming Function??

    I am designing a gift certificate using Excel 2000. I want to be able to
    enter any dollar amount and have the associated text generated in another
    cell. For instance, $10 would generate a text of "Ten". Anyone have any
    suggestions or recommendations??

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Simple Programming Function??

    Here are some references if interested:

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=140704
    XL: How to Convert a Numeric Value into English Words

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=95640
    ACC: How to Convert Currency or Numbers into English Words

    There is a function in Laurent's Longre's free add-in,
    That does this. The download includes a well documented help file. This can
    be used directly in a worksheet cell.

    http://longre.free.fr/english

    morefunc.zip

    Tom Ogilvy