change lots of formulae all at once - how?

  1. #1
    simon
    Guest

    change lots of formulae all at once - how?

    I've got a spreadsheet where a huge number of formulae reference another
    spreadsheet.
    Typically the formulae look like this...
    ='C:\DBM\Maintenance 2005\[Theddlethorpe Maint 6rev1(EIM) 2005.xls]Oper
    Maint Land & Build'!$F$24

    How can I change all the references to source the file from H:\ instead of
    C:\ ??

    Find and replace seems to bu99er up the whole sheet....

    Simon.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: change lots of formulae all at once - how?

    Simon

    Have you Edit>Links in your menu bar
    Not all Excel versions have this option

    --
    Regards Ron de Bruin
    http://www.rondebruin.nl

  3. #3
    Trevor Shuttleworth
    Guest

    Re: change lots of formulae all at once - how?

    Simon

    in what way does it break the whole sheet ?

    The global replace should work, however, a point to note is that the file
    must already exist in the new directory otherwise Excel will give you the
    option to search for it and, if you cancel the dialogue, you'll get #REF! in
    each of the cells where the formula changed.

    Regards

    Trevor

  4. #4
    simon
    Guest

    Re: change lots of formulae all at once - how?

    Edit > Links
    worked...
    thanks Ron.

    cheers also Trevor.