Word "Image" into Excel

  1. #1
    Stuart
    Guest

    Word "Image" into Excel

    I've been given a Word file. It contains an 'image' which is actually a
    company logo.

    Is there a way to (say) save this to a bitmap file then import it into
    Excel?

    My aim would be to place this on an Userform (in an
    Image?)

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    This worked ok for me (and avoided saving the picture).

    Select the picture in Word
    Rightclick|Copy

    Back to the Excel Userform.
    Insert an Image in your userform
    hit F4 to see that image's properties.
    Click on Picture
    ctrl-v (to paste)

    You may be able to copy the picture from MSWord and paste to your favorite
    picture editor and save from there, too.

  3. #3
    Stuart
    Guest

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    Many thanks.
    The copy/paste works, but it does not appear in the
    printed form. If it makes a difference, the Image's
    Picture property is showing as a Metafile.

    What might I be doing wrong, please?

    Regards.

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    It worked ok for me when I did a me.printform.

    A long time ago, we had problems printing too much info on the sheet. We
    increased the memory for the printer and we could print ok.

    But I don't have a real guess.

  5. #5
    Stuart
    Guest

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    Hmm. Used the PrintForm command from the Immediate
    Window with the same result - no image, just the outline
    of the image.

    Placed the Logo into a standard sheet, highlighted it and looked at the
    Formula bar ....... it reports as follows:
    =EMBED("Word.Picture.8","")

    Does this shed any light, please?

  6. #6

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    Not to me.

    But I don't think that a picture in an image on a userform would have much in
    common with an object placed on the worksheet--but I've been wrong before.

    Did you try a smaller picture to see if that was the problem?

  7. #7
    John W Cavoulas
    Guest

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    OK, just try what you already stated your self; Copy>Paste the image into
    MSPaint and see what you can save it as. Then go back to Excel and Insert
    that image into your form.

    Seems the simplest way to me, but I'm no MVP or VIP...just lurking.

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Stuart
    Guest

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    Managed to get the image into a standard sheet. It printed fine from
    there......so it's not the size of the picture, nor the printer memory.
    Could I reference the image in the sheet in the Form's
    Initalise Event? The image is on a sheet in a loaded addin
    (the addin contains the form).

  9. #9

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    I'm confused at how referring to the picture on the sheet will help print the
    userform correctly.

  10. #10
    Stuart
    Guest

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    Yes.. good point.
    Say I start from scratch, with an empty Image control
    (Image1) on the form (FormMasterFax) and with a picture (Picture 1) in
    Sheet1 of the addin.
    Just in case I (probably) did something stupid earlier, how
    can I place this picture in the form? When I try to set the
    Picture property for the Image control it points me to select a file .....
    can I refer it to an object on a specific sheet?

  11. #11
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Word "Image" into Excel

    Go to Stephen Bullen's site and get his past picture file:

    About 2/3rds the way down on this page:
    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/Excel/Default.htm

    or a direct link

    http://www.oaltd.co.uk/DLCount/DLCou...stePicture.zip

    This showns how to take a picture from the clipboard and put it in an image
    control.

    Tom Ogilvy

  12. #12
    Stuart