screen flicker

  1. #1
    mark kubicki
    Guest

    screen flicker

    (while some code is executing) i've got some random "screen flickering"
    happening...

    obviously, (i assume) there is a screen updating happening that i have not
    turned off; ...can't seem to find it...

    is there a way to stop the program or otherwise mark when this event
    happens, so that i may then determine how to appropriatly deal with it?

    mark

  2. #2
    Martin Wheeler
    Guest

    Re: screen flicker

    Hi Mark
    I use Application.ScreenUpdating = False at the beginning of each sub and
    Application.ScreenUpdating = True at the end. This stops most flicker. If
    you app is reasonably small you could try using Application.ScreenUpdating =
    False in the first sub and Application.ScreenUpdating = True at the end of
    the last sub. I think this will stop all flicker. I do not use this as my
    app has many exit points and goes in many directions.
    Good luck
    Ta,
    Martin

    news:%[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Fredrik Wahlgren
    Guest

    Re: screen flicker

    "mark kubicki" <[email protected]> wrote in message
    news:%[email protected]...
    > (while some code is executing) i've got some random "screen flickering"
    > happening...
    >
    > obviously, (i assume) there is a screen updating happening that i have not
    > turned off; ...can't seem to find it...
    >
    > is there a way to stop the program or otherwise mark when this event
    > happens, so that i may then determine how to appropriatly deal with it?
    >
    > mark

    Use Application.ScreenUpdating = False in your macro

    /Fredrik