Save file -prompt

  1. #1
    Scott
    Guest

    Save file -prompt

    Is it possible to have the save file prompt to be like Windows and allow
    the user to browse the folder they want to save the file?

    Sub SaveChartAsGIF()
    fname = thisworkbook.Path & "\" & ActiveChart.Name & ".gif"
    ActiveChart.Export Filename:=fname, FilterName:="GIF"
    MsgBox (fname)
    End Sub

    The current macro is saved in the personal folder located in the XLstart
    directory so that is where the chart is being saved. That folder is
    difficult to navigate to, and the files gif files try to open in Excel
    when Excel starts.

    I need to distribute this macro to mgmt so they can update certain
    intranet pages.

    Any other suggestions for easily saving the gif without having to
    manually typing the address in an input box?

  2. #2
    Scott
    Guest

    Re: Save file -prompt

    I think I figured it out ( or least this seems to work for now)

    Sub SaveChartAsGIF()
    Dim spath As String
    Dim fname As String
    spath = ActiveWorkbook.Path
    fname = spath & "\" & ActiveChart.Name & ".gif"