Control Panel

  1. #1
    Matt
    Guest

    Control Panel

    Hi

    Does anyone know how to make changes in the control panel
    of a PC in an Excel subroutine.

    I have a workbook that will only work if the date seperator
    in control panel is set to a "." and would like to change
    it as part of an error handler.

    Anyone help? is it possible?

    Cheers

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Control Panel

    I think it can be done via API calls, though I'm not sure which
    ones off the top of my head. However, I would STRONGLY recommend
    that you NOT do it this way. Doing so would affect all
    applications, not just Excel, and may cause (irreversible)
    problems with the other applications. The best way would be to
    write the code in such as way that it would work with a period as
    a date separator (probably something as simple as Replace and
    DateValue).

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson