Return to Current Sheet in On (sheet activate) event macro

  1. #1
    Paul Moles
    Guest

    Return to Current Sheet in On (sheet activate) event macro

    I have a multi sheet workbook with an on event (sheet activate) macro.

    I want to go to a fixed sheet perform a seperate macro and then to return to
    the current sheet. Each time a sheet is activated.

    Do I need to get the current address in some way and then enter this or is
    there a "return here" function?

    Many Thanks

    Paul Moles

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Return to Current Sheet in On (sheet activate) event macro

    Paul,

    No automatic return, so you have to save the exited sheet somewhere.

    This might get you started

    Private PrevSheet As String

    Private Sub Workbook_SheetActivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
    MsgBox PrevSheet
    End Sub

    Private Sub Workbook_SheetDeactivate(ByVal Sh As Object)
    PrevSheet = Sh.Name
    End Sub

    'This is workbook event code.

    RP