Deleting element in Array

  1. #1
    ExcelMonkey
    Guest

    Deleting element in Array

    I have a 1-D array. A Routine checks the cells in a range
    and fills it (based on a test - boolean) with cell
    addresses. I want to run a second routine, which checks
    this same range and performs another test - boolean. If
    the boolean is false and this particular cell address
    already exists in the array, then I want to delete its
    existence in the array. How do I do this and redimension
    the array so that it no longer includes the deleted
    elements. THanks

    ?Array(0)
    $A$1
    ?Array(1)
    $A$2
    ?Array(2)
    $A$3

    After the second check I would like to see:
    ?Array(0)
    $A$1
    ?Array(1)
    $A$3

  2. #2
    RB Smissaert
    Guest

    Re: Deleting element in Array

    If speed is not an issue this might be easier with a collection.
    Lookup Collection Object in the VBA help.

    RBS

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Jim Rech
    Guest

    Re: Deleting element in Array

    I think you have two choices in removing an element from an array - either
    create a second array missing this element or move every element up one
    place in the array and redim preserve it.

    --
    Jim

  4. #4
    Alan Beban

    ExcelMonkey wrote:
    > I have a 1-D array. A Routine checks the cells in a range
    > and fills it (based on a test - boolean) with cell
    > addresses. I want to run a second routine, which checks
    > this same range and performs another test - boolean. If
    > the boolean is false and this particular cell address
    > already exists in the array, then I want to delete its
    > existence in the array. How do I do this and redimension
    > the array so that it no longer includes the deleted
    > elements. THanks
    >

    > ?Array(0)
    > $A$1
    > ?Array(1)
    > $A$2
    > ?Array(2)
    > $A$3
    >
    > After the second check I would like to see:
    > ?Array(0)
    > $A$1
    > ?Array(1)
    > $A$3

    I don't understand what's going on with the boolean test, but you might
    want to consider something like

    Sub xy10000()
    arr = Array(1, 2, 3, 3, 4)
    Set x = New Dictionary