Closed Thread
Results 1 to 2 of 2

How do I print a hyperlinked document from a cell in excel

  1. #1
    Queenshero
    Guest

    How do I print a hyperlinked document from a cell in excel

    I have a list of candidates in column A and their hyperlinked resumes in
    column C. When a client arrives I cause a 1 to appear in column B in each
    row corresponding to the candidates that the client is schdeduled to meet .
    How can I use a single command to PRINT all of the appropriate resumes for
    that client (indicated by a 1 in column B)?

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: How do I print a hyperlinked document from a cell in excel

    try something like this:

    Option Explicit

    Public Sub PrintResumes()

    Dim found As Range
    Dim firstAddress As String
    Dim wbResume As Workbook
    Set found = Range("B:B").Find(1)

    If Not found Is Nothing Then

    firstAddress = found.Address

    Do

    Set wbResume = Workbooks.Open(found.Offset(0, 1).Value)

    wbResume.PrintOut

    wbResume.Close False

    Set found = Range("B:B").FindNext(found)

    Loop Until found.Address = firstAddress

    methodology: search column B for cells containing 1
    If a cell is found, save its address - with FIND Excel continuously loops,
    so we'll save the first one & when it loops back, we'll quit the search
    So if a 1 is found, open the workbook defined in the adjoining cell in C,
    print it and close it without saving, then find the next cell containing a 1
    after the cell we found. check that its not the first cell already, then
    open.print close and find the next

    HTH