variable range automation

  1. #1
    Ryan Proudfit
    Guest

    variable range automation

    I have two identical tables side by side and I'm trying to use one line of
    code to create a chart for both tables. How do I write a variable range?

    My code is as follows:

    If intColumns = 0 Then
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("cbot").Range("A2:E30"),
    PlotBy:= _
    xlColumns
    Else
    ActiveChart.SetSourceData Source:=Sheets("cbot").Range("I2:M30"),
    PlotBy:= _
    xlColumns

    Ryan Proudfit

  2. #2
    Al
    Guest

    RE: variable range automation

    Create a dynamic range name to use as your chart source

    Dynamic ranges are described in the following support article.

    then refer to the range name in your code:
    ie: instead of using Range("A2:E30"),

    you can use Range("DataSource") assuming my named range
    is called DataSource