How to either write the macro or manipulate the function

  1. #1
    Beth
    Guest

    How to either write the macro or manipulate the function

    I am trying to get values entered into a calculation I have set-up using
    minute() and hour(). These functions allow only (as far as I can tell) a
    value to be typed in and then used in the function. I want to have function
    ready to recieve a value typed in from a cell. The user will type in value
    and the calculation will use this value for answer.
    Ex. of calculation:
    =MINUTE("11:00")-MINUTE("13:36")*(-1)+((HOUR("11:00")-HOUR("13:36"))*(-1))*60
    WE have a specific need for this. If the above isn't possible then how can
    use a macro to get a value form a cell them plug it into this calculation?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. I hope this makes sense. Thanks

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: How to either write the macro or manipulate the function

    If 11:00 is entered in A1
    and 13:36 is entered in B1

    (enter these directly in the cell - don't include double quotes)

    =MINUTE(A1)-MINUTE(B1)*(-1)+((HOUR(A1)-HOUR(B1))*(-1))*60

    should return an equal answer. (it gives me 156)

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...