Controlling the Footer of Word Document from Excel

  1. #1
    Steve C.
    Guest

    Controlling the Footer of Word Document from Excel

    Hi experts,
    I wonder is it possible to create a Word file using Excel VBA such that the
    footer of Word document contains the page no. (insert Auto Text) on every
    page.

    Appreciate if you could help me out on this.

    Thanks & Regards,
    Steve C.

  2. #2
    macropod
    Guest

    Re: Controlling the Footer of Word Document from Excel

    Hi Steve,

    The simplest way would be to insert a PAGE field in the Word document's
    footer. The PAGE field only needs to be inserted once for the whole
    document, and will automatically display the number of each page added. It
    also updates automatically for pages inserted/deleted.

    Cheers

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Steve C.
    Guest

    Re: Controlling the Footer of Word Document from Excel

    Hi Macropod,
    Thanks for your advice. However, the Word document will be generated from
    time to time via Excel when the need arises. This is not a one time exercise
    and that's why I prefer to accomplish the auto insert a PAGE field internally
    via VBA.

    Will appreciate if you could provide your expertise advice further.
    Thanks & Regards,
    Steve C.