need macro: convert formula to value

  1. #1
    moshe
    Guest

    need macro: convert formula to value

    I dont want to see formula at selection area , only values
    need macro to do so.

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: need macro: convert formula to value

    Turn on the macro recorder

    then select your cells, format => cells, go to the protection tab and click
    both locked and hidden

    then protect your worksheet

    Turn off the macro recorder.

    Look at the recorded code.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: need macro: convert formula to value

    Hi

    just wondering why you need a macro for this, as copy then edit / paste
    special - values works well in most situations.

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: need macro: convert formula to value

    If you actually want to replace the formula with values as JulieD describes

    Sub ReplaceWithValues()
    selection.Copy
    selection.PasteSpecial xlValues

    Tom Ogilvy