Enter Text or Date on Multiple Sheets

  1. #1

    Enter Text or Date on Multiple Sheets

    Hello Experts,

    I am using Office 2003 and have the following problem:

    I wish to insert certain text or date in a particular cell in all the
    sheets in the workbook:

    I am looking a vba a solution as follows

    1) A message box should appear and ask for the text or date to be
    entered.
    2) Another message box should ask for the address where the text should
    be entered eg. B15 or other

    The text or date entered in 1) above should appear in the cell address
    in 2) on all the sheets in the workbook

    Hope I am clear.

    Is this possible?
    TIA

    Ashish Kumar

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Enter Text or Date on Multiple Sheets

    Sub Fillsheets()
    Dim ans as String, rng as Range
    Dim sh as Worksheet
    ans = InputBox("provide data to be entered")
    if ans <> "" then
    On Error Resume Next
    set rng = Application.InputBox("Select cell for entry with mouse
    click", Type:=8)
    On error goto 0
    if not rng is nothing then
    for each sh in worksheets
    sh.Range(rng.Address).Value = ans
    Next
    end if
    End if

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: Enter Text or Date on Multiple Sheets

    Bravo Tom,
    You once again came to my rescue.

    Thanks a lot

    Ashish Kumar