Do not display information in cells

  1. #1
    JT
    Guest

    Do not display information in cells

    I have a macro where I capture a code and vendor name. I
    can change the font to "white", so the user can't see it
    displayed in the cell but you can still see what is typed
    in the formula bar.

    Is there a way to hide what is displayed in the formula
    bar without removing the formula?

    Thanks for the help......

  2. #2
    Michael Malinsky
    Guest

    Re: Do not display information in cells

    You can go to Tools>Options then under the View tab, uncheck the Formula bar
    checkbox.

    Programmatically, you can hide the formula bar as follows:

    Application.DisplayFormulaBar = False

    and restore it by making the above statement True.

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Do not display information in cells

    changed the hidden property to true in the Format=>Cells=>Protection tab and
    Protect the worksheet.

    or

    Put the data in a hidden sheet, protect the workbook structure with a
    password (unfortunately easily broken, but no less secure than the above),
    and refer to it with your formula.

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    David McRitchie
    Guest

    Re: Do not display information in cells

    to keep the cell itself from displaying you can use the
    following as a custom cell format ;;;

    You would still need the white background to prevent
    viewing in formula view. But it will prevent printing normal
    view with B&W setting and from displaying the formula on
    the formula bar, you would still need the other things mentioned
    by Tom. Nothing if foolproof but it might slow you down the
    next time you do maintenance.

    "Tom Ogilvy" <[email protected]> wrote...