Flashing Text or message

  1. #1
    TonyKA
    Guest

    Flashing Text or message

    Dear ALL,

    I am currently trying to set a minimum stock reorder level with a flashing
    message or text when stocks are below this level.

    I have got a formula calculating that but I need to make it more "in your
    face" if you know what i mean.

    Can the flashing message / Text be referenced to the result of that
    cell/formula.
    --
    Thanks,
    TKA

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: Flashing Text or message

    the easiest option is to use conditional formatting that turns the cell
    bright lime green or similar ... found on the format menu .. please post
    back with cell references and criteria if you'ld like additional assistance
    on implementing it

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Flashing Text or message

    You would have to change a setting periodically. (look at defining a style)

    You could do this with the Ontime function

    See Chip Pearson's page on Ontime
    http://www.cpearson.com/excel/ontime.htm

    I wouldn't make the interval too short or you won't get much work done.
    Excel will spend all its time flashing the cells.

    Tom Ogilvy