formula question/elapsed time

  1. #1
    vdefilippo
    Guest

    formula question/elapsed time

    I would like to know if I can format a cell to, change to a color, after 30
    days have passed from the date that is in the cell.

  2. #2
    JulieD
    Guest

    Re: formula question/elapsed time

    Hi

    you can use conditional formatting for this
    select your dates
    choose format / conditonal formatting
    choose
    formula is
    type
    =$A1<=TODAY()-30
    where $A1 is the first cell with a date in it
    click FORMAT
    set your formatting
    click OK twice

    --
    Cheers
    JulieD
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    havocdragon
    Guest

    Re: formula question/elapsed time

    Theres anotherway to do it if you have lots of people using a worksheet,
    conditional formatting can easily become corrupted. In Vba use the
    Workbook_open sub procedure and place this code in "This workbook"

    Private Sub Workbook_Open()

    Range("A1").Select

    If ActiveCell >= Today - 30 Then
    ActiveCell.Interior.ColorIndex = 6

    Youll have to change the ranges you want to check, and 6 is yellow, you will
    have to play around with the numbers to figure out which color they are, im
    sure there is a list somewhere online. Basically what this does, is checks
    the value in a1 everytime this workbook is opened.

  4. #4
    Sure thing...

    Under Conditional Formatting, format the cells that the value is less than "=TODAY()-30", minus the quotes.

    Hope this helps!

    -Bri