Highlighting today's row.

  1. #1
    Roger PB
    Guest

    Highlighting today's row.

    I have a number of spreadsheets where the first column contains the date,
    conditionally formatted with =A1=today(), copied throughout the column, i.e.
    =A2, A3, etc. The conditional formatting makes the cell red, so I can
    instantly find today's row.

    However, I would like to extend the red colour to the rest of the same row
    on the sheet. How can I do this using either the condional formatting menu,
    or with a VBA macro?

    Roger PB

  2. #2
    Amedee Van Gasse
    Guest

    Re: Highlighting today's row.

    Roger PB shared this with us in microsoft.public.excel.programming:

    > I have a number of spreadsheets where the first column contains the
    > date, conditionally formatted with =A1=today(), copied throughout the
    > column, i.e. =A2, A3, etc. The conditional formatting makes the cell
    > red, so I can instantly find today's row.
    >
    > However, I would like to extend the red colour to the rest of the
    > same row on the sheet. How can I do this using either the condional
    > formatting menu, or with a VBA macro?
    >
    > Roger PB

    Does it not work with that formula? Perhaps you'll have to change it to
    =$A1=today()

    --
    Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.3.1
    If it has an "X" in the name, it must be Linux?

    How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    How to Report Bugs Effectively
    Only ask questions with yes/no answers if you want "yes" or "no" as the
    answer.
    http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoyn...-with-yes-or-n
    o-answers.html

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Highlighting today's row.

    Select the whole row and amend the formula from

    =A1=TODAY()

    =$A1 = TODAY()

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Roger PB
    Guest

    Re: Highlighting today's row.

    Many thanks.

    This worked fine, but I am not sure how to extend it for succeeding dates. I
    dragged on the corner of the conditionally formatted cell,
    but next day, only it, and not the entire row, was highlighted. So how or
    where do I drag to get the whole row highlighted every day.?

    news:[email protected]...

  5. #5
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Highlighting today's row.

    Note the instructions

  6. #6
    Forum Contributor
    Colorado
    MS-Off Ver
    2000,2003,2007

    Highlighting This hour's column

    I was wondering if there was a way to also apply something similar to have the sheet highlight a column with the current hour as a header.

    I've tried using conditional formatting with
    =C$3=Now()

    where row 3 has time values entered as hh:mm
    I think my problem is that the Now function returns the current Date AND Time so the condition is never true.

    Any ideas would be appreciated.