calculate time/distance

  1. #1
    KJO
    Guest

    calculate time/distance

    I need to calculate time in miles per hour. ie:

    6 miles per hour-travel .5 miles = what decimal amount of time?

  2. #2
    JimH
    Guest

    RE: calculate time/distance

    Divide the speed (MPH) by the distance traveled:
    travel time time
    spd/mph miles hours minutes
    6 0.5 0.083333 5
    6 1 0.1666667 10
    6 12 2 120
    6 24 4 240

    JimH

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: calculate time/distance

    =distance/mph*60 in minutes

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    JimH
    Guest

    RE: calculate time/distance

    Whoops, divide the distance traveled by the speed; data posted is correct