I was Asked an Interesting Question

  1. #1
    Paul Black
    Guest

    I was Asked an Interesting Question

    Hi Everyone,

    A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet, and that when
    he Opened it, Some, But Not All, of the Column Letters AND Row Numbers
    were Coloured Instead of the Normal Black Font on a Grey Background. To
    his Knowledge, there Seems to be NO Macros Attached to the Spreadsheet.
    I did a Search But could Not Find Anything that came Close to Answering
    his Question. Has Anyone Ever Seen this Or Encountered this Before.

    Thanks in Advance.
    All the Best.
    Paul

  2. #2
    moi
    Guest

    Re: I was Asked an Interesting Question

    That will only work if your name is not 'Black'.

    "Paul Black" <[email protected]> schreef in bericht
    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3

    Re: I was Asked an Interesting Question

    If it were just the row numbers, I'd guess that data|filter|autofilter was
    applied (and the data was filtered).

    But since the column letters were mixed, I don't have a guess.

  4. #4
    AA2e72E
    Guest

    RE: I was Asked an Interesting Question

    Right Click on a blank area of your desktop. Click Properties. Click the
    Appearance Tab. In the Item drop down box, select '3D Objects' then select
    another colour. Click Apply. The colour you choose is the colour the
    row/column captions of Eacel appear in.

    My advice: Don't do it.

  5. #5
    George Nicholson
    Guest

    Re: I was Asked an Interesting Question

    ....but changing *your* Windows pallete wouldn't effect what someone else
    sees when they open one of your files, would it? It just effects your
    machine.

    >A Friend of Mine said that he had Aquired a Spreadsheet....

    Unless the friend didn't really "aquire" but was talking about seeing a
    spreadsheet on someone else's machine who had done as you suggest...

    --
    George Nicholson

    Remove 'Junk' from return address.

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy

    He also said:

    >Some, But Not All, of the Column Letters AND Row Numbers
    >were Coloured

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  7. #7
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: I was Asked an Interesting Question

    Sure he didn't just have a multicell range selected in the worksheet.

    This changes the color of the selected row and column headers in xl2003 at
    least.

    This could possibly be more dramatic if some accessibility options were in
    effect for the operating system.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  8. #8
    Paul Black
    Guest

    Re: I was Asked an Interesting Question

    Thanks for the Replies.
    I will be Seeing him on Saturday so I will Put Forward your Suggestions.

    Thanks Again.
    All the Best.
    Paul