Can I send results of a formula to multiple cells?

  1. #1
    Scarlett O
    Guest

    Can I send results of a formula to multiple cells?

    I want to create a formula for cell A1 but I want the results to display not
    only in A1 but E5 as well. Is this possible?

  2. #2
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: Can I send results of a formula to multiple cells?

    In E5, put:

    =A1

    --

    Vasant

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Can I send results of a formula to multiple cells?

    Scarlett O,

    Here is another little trick, which is amusing if nothing else.

    Goto menu Tools>Customize>Commands tab.
    Select the Tools category, and then scroll down to near the bottom of the
    Commands section and find the Camera command.
    Drag the camera icon onto a toolbar.

    Now you can use the camera.

    Select cell E5.
    Click the camera button.
    Move the cursor to your chosen cell and click to drop the camera image.

    You will now have a 'picture' of cell E5 in cell A1. You might need to move
    it a little to align it, and remove the border (right-click and select
    Format).

    There you have it, an image of E5 in A1. When E5 changes, the image changes.

    I have used it previously say in A1 as an image of a cell that is linked to
    A1. For instance, the image is an image of H1, and H1 says =A1*5. So you
    type 1 in A1, and it shows 3, 2 and 10, etc. Most confusing.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    Jim at Eagle
    Guest

    Re: Can I send results of a formula to multiple cells?

    It has potential. Thanks for the fun
    --
    Jim at Eagle