VBA to copy sheets (as values) that begin with the same sheet name

  1. #1
    Brent Walker
    Guest

    VBA to copy sheets (as values) that begin with the same sheet name

    Experienced in Excel, but I am just learning VBA.

    I want the macro to call a combo box and then select all sheets that start
    with the value in the combo. Then, it needs to copy the selected sheets (as
    values) to a new workbook.
    --
    Thanks,
    Brent

  2. #2
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: VBA to copy sheets (as values) that begin with the same sheet name

    Assuming Sheet1 has the ComboBox:

    Sub Test()
    Dim ws As Worksheet, fFound As Boolean
    fFound = True
    For Each ws In Worksheets
    If Left(ws.Name, Len(Sheet1.ComboBox1)) = Sheet1.ComboBox1 Then
    ws.Select fFound
    fFound = False
    End If
    Next
    ActiveWindow.SelectedSheets.Copy
    End Sub

    Not sure what you mean by wanting a macro to call a combo box.

    --

    Vasant

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Brent Walker
    Guest

    Re: VBA to copy sheets (as values) that begin with the same sheet

    Thanks. This is helpful.

    When I said I want the macro to call a combo box, I meant that I want the
    macro to call a form that contains a combo box. Any way to do that?

  4. #4
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: VBA to copy sheets (as values) that begin with the same sheet

    UserForm1.Show

  5. #5
    Brent Walker
    Guest

    Re: VBA to copy sheets (as values) that begin with the same sheet

    Thanks. This works like a champ.

    Is there any way to get it to paste the cells in the sheets as values
    instead of formulas? I need to be able to email the copied workbooks and do
    not want any linking errors confusing anyone.

  6. #6
    Dean J.
    Guest

    Re: VBA to copy sheets (as values) that begin with the same sheet

    Selection.PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Transpose:=False