Radomising rows in a spreadsheet

  1. #1
    cdb
    Guest

    Radomising rows in a spreadsheet

    I currently have a list of data that looks like this:

    Pay No Name Age
    1 Dave 23
    2 James 35
    3 Lucy 19
    etc

    And I need some code that can randomise the order of the rows so that the
    outcome will look like this:

    Pay No Name Age
    19 Joanne 29
    31 Susan 44
    1 Dave 23
    etc

    Can anyone help?

    cdb

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Radomising rows in a spreadsheet

    in the column beyond age, put in

    =rand()
    in the top cell (D2 for example) and copy down.

    then sort the data using that column as the key value.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...