Persistent Data in a Combo Box

  1. #1
    The Hawk
    Guest

    Persistent Data in a Combo Box

    I am a newbie so please bear with me. I have an Excel workbook in which I
    have enabled several forms. The users sometimes close a form and then
    re-open it to pick up where they left off. How do I set the text and combo
    boxes to keep the data in them persistent so long as the workbook has not
    been closed? Is this a Property of the form fields or do I need to write
    sppecific code? Thanks...

  2. #2
    Vasant Nanavati
    Guest

    Re: Persistent Data in a Combo Box

    What do you mean by "enabled several forms?"

    Are these UserForms? If so, hide the forms rather than unloading them when
    the users try to close them.

    --

    Vasant

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    The Hawk
    Guest

    Re: Persistent Data in a Combo Box

    Yes, they are user forms and yes I was closing them. Changed to hide and
    just what I wanted. Thanks...

  4. #4
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: Persistent Data in a Combo Box

    When the userform is closed by whatever method, hide it do not unload it.

    Take a look at the QueryClose method to give you extra control over the
    close.

    RP