how to copy font settings

  1. #1
    dadospartacus
    Guest

    how to copy font settings

    Anybody know how to write a vbscript that can copy font setting like size or
    color from sheet1 to another sheet. Both sheets have the same information
    on it so that if you change the font size on cell B2 on sheet1 the
    corresponding cell on sheet2 would be the same. Hope this make sense and
    somebody knows how to do this. Thanks for all your help.

  2. #2
    Patrick Molloy
    Guest

    RE: how to copy font settings

    Take a look at Format / Style

    Sub sheetformat()
    Dim ws As Worksheet
    For Each ws In Worksheets
    With ws.Cells
    .Font.Size = 8
    .Interior.ColorIndex = 24
    ' etc etc
    End With
    Next
    End Sub

  3. #3
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: how to copy font settings

    dadospartacus,
    Does PasteSpecial > Formats do it ?

    NickHK

    news:[email protected]...

  4. #4
    dadospartacus
    Guest

    Re: how to copy font settings

    That does work but I would have to do that for 100 cells which is going to
    take a long time. Wanted something that will automatically change sheet2
    once the person make a font change on sheet1.

    news:%[email protected]...

  5. #5
    dadospartacus
    Guest

    Re: how to copy font settings

    This does look like it will work but you would have to assign that to a
    button right? Also it doesn't automatic detect that there was a font change
    on sheet1 and auto make the change in sheet2.Thanks for your help.

    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    NickHK
    Guest

    Re: how to copy font settings

    dadospartacus,
    If it's the same data and format, what about Link Picture ?