Worksheet_Change Event (Excel 2000 to 2003)

  1. #1
    Guest

    Worksheet_Change Event (Excel 2000 to 2003)

    I recently converted to Excel 2003 from 2000. It looks
    like some of the macros, Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As
    Range) event in particular, from my old spreadsheets are
    not running in the new version.
    Did anything change in 2003 where it doesn't recognize
    previous Change events? Is there a different way I am
    supposed to use the Change event in 2003?

    Thanks.

  2. #2

    Re: Worksheet_Change Event (Excel 2000 to 2003)

    Make sure you open that workbook with macros enabled.

    And make sure you change the macro security to medium or low (then reopen your
    workbook with macros enabled).

    (Tools|macro|security|security level tab)

  3. #3

    Re: Worksheet_Change Event (Excel 2000 to 2003)

    ps. there shouldn't be any changes to your code for this upgrade.

  4. #4
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Worksheet_Change Event (Excel 2000 to 2003)

    There have been no changes in the change event or any other Excel related
    worksheet or workbook event that I am aware of. Certainly non that would
    make it not run. Perhaps you have events disabled. Or you might be using
    On Error Resume Next and it is masking an error in your event code so it
    appears nothing happens.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...