XML Data Island in Excel Workbook?

  1. #1
    Todd Larson
    Guest

    XML Data Island in Excel Workbook?

    My current challenge requires me to keep some xml data with the Excel
    workbooks created for my application. This way, the workbooks can exist by
    themselves and be e-mailed around without losing functionality.

    My big question is: What is the best way to keep XML data with an Excel
    Workbook for future use? The concept would be similar to an XML data island
    in an HTML page. Some ideas I've kicked around are storing it as plain text
    in a hidden sheet, or embedding an XML file object somewhere.

    I need to be able to read and write to the xml data. The kicker is that I
    also need to support Office 2k and higher.

    Suggestions are more than appreciated, thanks in advance.

    Todd Larson

  2. #2
    Tim Williams
    Guest

    Re: XML Data Island in Excel Workbook?

    How much XML ?

    --
    Tim Williams
    Palo Alto, CA

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Todd Larson
    Guest

    Re: XML Data Island in Excel Workbook?

    I'm not exactly sure how much, since the app is still in design phase. It
    could be in the 100KB to 300KB range.

    Todd Larson