Call Macro in Add-in

  1. #1
    Andibevan
    Guest

    Call Macro in Add-in

    Hi All,

    I am sure this is a really easy one but I can't work it out.

    How do I call a macro that is stored in an add-in I created. I want to
    assign it to a button on the toolbar but when I try to assign a macro to the
    button the macro is not availble

    Ta

    Andi

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Call Macro in Add-in

    Just type in (for example)

    MyAddin.xls!MyMacro

    in the dialog. Change to reflect your addin name and the actual macro
    name. (hey, some people take these things literally).

    Make sure your addin in loaded.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Gary Brown
    Guest

    RE: Call Macro in Add-in

    Assume the Add-in is called MyAddin.xla and the macro is called MyMacro...
    MyAddin.xla!MyMacro
    should do it although I like to use...
    Call MyAddin.xla!MyMacro
    because it identifies it as a macro when I'm reviewing old code. Works
    either way.
    HTH,
    --
    Gary Brown
    [email protected]

  4. #4
    Andibevan
    Guest

    Re: Call Macro in Add-in

    Aha - I was missing the obvious that although the macro wasn't available to
    select from the drop-down list, you can still load it by typing the name in.

    Thanks Gary and Tom.

    Andi

    news:[email protected]...