Interface to MS Project

  1. #1
    Kent
    Guest

    Interface to MS Project

    I need to develop a routine that can be used to access data in Microsoft
    Project. The concept wouold be that the user would be in Excel but also have
    a Microsoft Project file open on their system. While in Excel, the user
    would click a button to transfer data out of MS Project into Excel. How do I
    reference the MS Project data from within Excel. This will be running on a
    Windows operating system if that makes any difference. I only need to know
    hw to refernce the MS Project object.

  2. #2
    Chip Pearson
    Guest

    Re: Interface to MS Project

    In the VBA Editor, go to the Tools menu, choose References, and
    scroll down to "Microsoft Project 11.0 Library" (your version
    number may vary), and check this entry.

    Then, use code like the following:

    Dim ProjApp As MSProject.Application
    Set ProjApp = New MSProject.Application

    You can then access Project via the ProjApp object variable.

    --
    Cordially,
    Chip Pearson

    news:[email protected]...