Purpose of EntireRow and EntireColumn

  1. #1
    Mike NG
    Guest

    Purpose of EntireRow and EntireColumn

    Excel allows me to do something like
    Columns(liColNum).ColumnWidth = cCellWidth

    but after much googling I find out to change the font I need to use
    something like
    Cells(1, liRowNum).EntireColumn.Font.Size = 12

    Why on earth is it designed like this.
    --
    Mike

  2. #2
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Purpose of EntireRow and EntireColumn

    Cells(row,column) is for refering to a single cell

    Columns(index) is for refering to a whole column

    EntireColumn is a bridge between.

    What is illogical about it?

    Illogical is using a variable like liRowNum to refer to the column <g>

    Columns(liRowNum).font.Size = 12

    should work fine for an entire column

    Cells(1, liRowNum).Font.Size = 12

    should work fine for a single cell.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Mike NG
    Guest

    Re: Purpose of EntireRow and EntireColumn

    On Sat, 14 May 2005 at 22:19:03, Tom Ogilvy (Tom Ogilvy
    <[email protected]>) wrote:
    >Cells(row,column) is for refering to a single cell
    >
    >Columns(index) is for refering to a whole column
    >
    >EntireColumn is a bridge between.
    >
    >What is illogical about it?

    For some reason
    Columns(liRowNum).font.Size = 12
    wasn't working for me last night. Obviously a syntax error, but it was
    appearing to me that I had to use EntireColumn rather than Columns

    >Illogical is using a variable like liRowNum to refer to the column <g>

    It was 3 am local time and my concentration going

    >Columns(liRowNum).font.Size = 12
    >
    >should work fine for an entire column

    Yes it does thanks. Now I just need to set the font to "Courier New".
    Hopefully will be OK with that
    --
    Mike