change from DialogSheets to Userform

  1. #1
    Office User
    Guest

    change from DialogSheets to Userform

    Trying to update an old Excel 95 template in Excel 2000 version. Part of the
    code is dealing with DialogSheets which, I found out, were replaced by
    userforms. When this ran in 95, the caption of the dialog box would change.
    Essentially the same dialog box was used but the controls changed based on
    the status.

    Does anyone have a suggestion for changing this to userforms? Do I need to
    create 2 different userforms and then somehow code it dependent on that?

    Below is the code:

    Sub LockSheet()
    'Controls the Lock Sheet button on the Customize page
    Const LockDlg = "Lock"
    Const Lock_String = "Lock/Save Sheet"
    Const Lock_Text = "You can lock the information on the Customize page
    and save your customized version of the template."
    Const Unlock_String = "Unlock This Sheet"
    Const Unlock_Text = "By unlocking this sheet, you enable changes to be
    made to the information on the Customize sheet. Select ""Lock This Sheet""
    after you make your changes to protect the sheet from accidental changes."
    Const Save_Alrt = "Your new customized template has been saved to the
    default directory. "
    Const Save_Alrt2 = "To begin using the invoice, double-click the
    shortcut in Pioneer Applications folder."
    Const Save_Filter = "Templates,*.xlt"
    Const Save_Title = "Save Template"

    If Sheets(Vital).DrawingObjects("Lock").Caption = Lock_String Then

    If DialogSheets(LockDlg).Show Then
    Sheets(Vital).Protect DrawingObjects:=True, Contents:=True
    Sheets(Vital).DrawingObjects("Lock").Caption = Unlock_String
    Sheets(LockDlg).DialogFrame.Caption = Unlock_String
    Sheets(LockDlg).TextBoxes("PNL1_TXT1").Text = Unlock_Text
    Sheets(LockDlg).GroupBoxes("PNL2").Visible = False
    Sheets(LockDlg).OptionButtons("LCK_1").Visible = False
    Sheets(LockDlg).OptionButtons("LCK_2").Visible = False
    Sheets(LockDlg).TextBoxes("PNL1_TXT1").Height = 80
    If Sheets(LockDlg).OptionButtons("LCK_2").Value = xlOn Then
    ThisDir = CurDir()
    TempDir = Application.TemplatesPath
    ChDrive Mid(TempDir, 1, 1)
    ChDir TempDir
    FileNm = Application.GetSaveAsFilename(FileFilter:=Save_Filter,
    Title:=Save_Title)
    If FileNm <> False Then
    OWFlg = Application.DisplayAlerts
    Application.DisplayAlerts = False
    ActiveWindow.ScrollWorkbookTabs Position:=xlFirst
    Sheets(Content1).Activate
    Sheets(Vital).Visible = False
    With ActiveWorkbook
    .SaveAs Filename:=FileNm, FileFormat:=xlTemplate
    FName = .FullName
    PName = .Path
    End With
    Application.DisplayAlerts = OWFlg
    MsgBox Save_Alrt & PName & Save_Alrt2, vbOKOnly + vbInformation,
    SheetBar
    ThisWorkbook.Close
    End If
    ChDrive Mid(ThisDir, 1, 1)
    ChDir ThisDir

    Else

    If DialogSheets(LockDlg).Show Then
    Sheets(Vital).Unprotect
    Sheets(Vital).DrawingObjects("Lock").Caption = Lock_String
    Sheets(LockDlg).DialogFrame.Caption = Lock_String
    Sheets(LockDlg).TextBoxes("PNL1_TXT1").Text = Lock_Text
    Sheets(LockDlg).GroupBoxes("PNL2").Visible = True
    Sheets(LockDlg).OptionButtons("LCK_1").Visible = True
    Sheets(LockDlg).OptionButtons("LCK_2").Visible = True
    Sheets(LockDlg).TextBoxes("PNL1_TXT1").Height = 40

    Thanks for any input.
    Marcia

  2. #2
    Bob Phillips
    Guest

    Re: change from DialogSheets to Userform

    Haven't looked too deeply at your code, but you could have a two page
    multipage control on the userform, and flip-flop between the two.

    RP

    news:[email protected]...

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: change from DialogSheets to Userform

    Dialog sheets can still be up to and including the latest version of excel.

    Tom Ogilvy

  4. #4
    Office User
    Guest

    Re: change from DialogSheets to Userform

    The template I'm using must have a hidden form/sheet because the code won't
    work. I'm in the midst of creating a new userform (actually 2) and coding
    accordingly.

    Thanks for the input,
    Marcia

  5. #5
    Harald Staff
    Guest

    Re: change from DialogSheets to Userform

    Hi Marcia

    Try
    http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/dlgwiz.htm

    But nothing from older versions "don't work" in newer versions. So the form
    conversion may not fix your problem, I believe it it something else.

    HTH. Best wishes Harald

    "Office User" <wabekem@(removetosend)yahoo.com> skrev i melding
    news:[email protected]...

  6. #6
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: change from DialogSheets to Userform

    Just to highlight:

    >>>"It does not do any conversion of VBA code."

    So all the functionality would have to be recreated.

    Thus my suggestion that dialogsheets work fine in later versions of Excel.

    Tom Ogilvy

    news:[email protected]...