excel calendar years

  1. #1
    whowatwerwyhow
    Guest

    excel calendar years

    Hi,

    I'm trying to use the calendar tool in Forms under the VBAProject so that
    the years dropdown list only displays the years 2005 and 2006 (instead of all
    years from 1900 thru to 2100). Is there a way to limit the years to only 2005
    and 2006?

    If not, is there a way to display an error message so that the user can be
    told to enter a date between 2005 and 2006 if they don't? I've got a
    validation check but this seems to have no effect when the date is entered
    using the pop-up calendar tool.

    Thanks in advance.

  2. #2
    Ron de Bruin
    Guest

    Re: excel calendar years

    Hi

    If you use it on a worksheet you can do this
    see also
    http://www.rondebruin.nl/calendar.htm

    Private Sub Calendar1_Click()
    If Year(Calendar1.Value) = 2005 Or Year(Calendar1.Value) = 2006 Then
    ActiveCell.Value = CDbl(Calendar1.Value)
    ActiveCell.NumberFormat = "mm/dd/yyyy"
    ActiveCell.Select
    Else
    MsgBox "Select a date in 2005/2006"

    If Target.Cells.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub
    If Not Application.Intersect(Range("A1:A20"), Target) Is Nothing Then
    Calendar1.Left = Target.Left + Target.Width - Calendar1.Width
    Calendar1.Top = Target.Top + Target.Height
    Calendar1.Visible = True
    ' select Today's date in the Calendar
    Calendar1.Value = Date
    Else: Calendar1.Visible = False