Grabbing Data From Second Combo Box Column

  1. #1
    DBAL
    Guest

    Grabbing Data From Second Combo Box Column

    Hello,
    Can one of you masters show me the syntax for grabbing the data out of the
    second column of my two-column combo box?

    My combo box is called cmbxCustomerSelection and the
    cmbxCustomerSelection.text property returns the first column's data.
    But how can I access the second column's data?

    Thanks,
    DBAL.

  2. #2

    Re: Grabbing Data From Second Combo Box Column

    I put a combobox in a userform and added a couple of commandbuttons. This is
    the code I used:

    Option Explicit
    Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()
    Unload Me
    End Sub
    Private Sub CommandButton2_Click()
    With Me.ComboBox1
    If .ListIndex > -1 Then
    MsgBox (.List(.ListIndex, 1))
    End If
    End With
    End Sub
    Private Sub UserForm_Initialize()
    With Me.ComboBox1
    .ColumnCount = 2
    .RowSource _
    = Worksheets("sheet1").Range("a1:B10").Address(external:=True)
    End With
    End Sub

    And it seemed to work ok for me.

  3. #3
    Kevin
    Guest

    RE: Grabbing Data From Second Combo Box Column

    Hi,

    You are not specific about the data type in use however you can use the
    following function is Excel

    1. = VLOOKUP(valuto_to_be_looked_up,Dataare(could be a name or referance
    like B3:F8,columan number)
    = lookup
    = hlookup

    Foe more details you can use MS Office assistance

  4. #4
    DBAL
    Guest

    Re: Grabbing Data From Second Combo Box Column

    So would it be something like this??:
    Sheet1.cmbxCustomerSelection.List(ListIndex, 1)

    By the way, both colums are characters. The first column is the company
    name and the second column is the customer number. Also, I need to keep the
    ..text property to column 1, but just be able to get the data out of column2.

    Thanks everyone!

  5. #5
    DBAL
    Guest

    Re: Grabbing Data From Second Combo Box Column

    Just wanted to say thanks... I got it working. This was the answer:
    Sheet1.cmbxCustomerSelection.List(Sheet1.cmbxCustomerSelection.ListIndex, 1)

    DBAL

  6. #6

    Re: Grabbing Data From Second Combo Box Column

    I didn't realize it was a combobox on the worksheet.

    You could save a little typing:

    with Sheet1.cmbxCustomerSelection
    msgbox .List(.ListIndex, 1)
    end with

    I think it makes it easier to read, too.