Closed Thread
Results 1 to 3 of 3

Calling the Print Form

  1. #1
    Derek from Belgium
    Guest

    Calling the Print Form

    This is probably very easy: how can I call Print Form in a VBA procedure ?
    I want the user to select his printer.

    Thanks !!
    Derek

  2. #2
    galimi
    Guest

    RE: Calling the Print Form

    Derek,

    I've used the following code to set printer connectivity. You need to set a
    reference to the Windows Script Host Object Model.

    'Windows Script Hosting Reference to determine printer connections
    Application.StatusBar = "Setting references to Windows Scripting Host"
    Dim objScriptControl As iwshnetwork_class
    Dim colPrinters As IWshCollection_Class
    Set objScriptControl = New iwshnetwork_class
    Set colPrinters = objScriptControl.EnumPrinterConnections

    Application.StatusBar = "Looking for a Postscript printer"
    blnPrinterFound = False
    With colPrinters
    For intIndex = 0 To .Count
    strPrinterName = .Item(intIndex)
    If InStr(1, strPrinterName, strPrinterType, vbTextCompare) Or _
    InStr(1, strPrinterName, strPrinterType2, vbTextCompare) Then

    blnPrinterFound = True

    Exit For
    End If
    strPrinterName = vbNullString
    End With
    If blnPrinterFound = False Then
    MsgBox "No valid Postscript printer", vbCritical, "Printer"
    Exit Sub
    End If

    The bulk of this code will have to be changed for your purposes, but,
    hopefully this is helpful.
    --
    http://HelpExcel.com
    1-888-INGENIO

  3. #3
    Tom Ogilvy
    Guest

    Re: Calling the Print Form

    Possibly one of these:

    Application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrint).show
    application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show

    To demonstrate from the immediate window:

    ? application.ActivePrinter
    \\ardaps01\1D343E on Ne02:
    ? application.Dialogs(xlDialogPrinterSetup).Show
    ' selected printer G
    ? application.ActivePrinter
    \\ardaps01\1D343G on Ne04:

    Tom Ogilvy

    "Derek from Belgium" <Derek from [email protected]> wrote in
    message news:[email protected]...
    > This is probably very easy: how can I call Print Form in a VBA procedure ?
    > I want the user to select his printer.
    >
    > Thanks !!
    > Derek

Closed Thread